Time to judge the first full Dredd trailer

Jun. 21, 2012by: Andy Madrzak

Previews and sneak peeks are all well and good, but nothing beats a proper trailer in terms of amping the excitement over an upcoming movie. Well, Pete Travis' DREDD finally scored itself its first full length trailer and you can see for yourself if it makes it or breaks it for you. I'm still in two minds personally, so go ahead and check it out for yourself below.

During a routine day on the job, Dredd is assigned to train and evaluate Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby), a rookie with powerful psychic abilities thanks to a genetic mutation. A heinous crime calls them to a neighborhood where fellow Judges rarely dare to venture- a 200 story vertical slum controlled by prostitute turned drug lord Ma-Ma (Lena Headey) and her ruthless clan. When they capture one of the clan’s inner circle, Ma-Ma overtakes the compound’s control center and wages a dirty, vicious war against the Judges that proves she will stop at nothing to protect her empire. With the body count climbing and no way out, Dredd and Anderson must confront the odds and engage in the relentless battle for their survival.

DREDD lays down the law September 21st, with Karl Urban, Lena Headey (below), Olivia Thirlby, Kevin Kane, Jason Cope, Joe Vaz, Langley Kirkwood and Warrick Grier.

Extra Tidbit: What's your verdict on the trailer?
Source: G4TV

8:28PM on 06/23/2012

Coin Flip...

It does have what seems like decent production value, and a half decent cast, It does look a little cheezy. I agree. It does look like this movie will be to the 90's Judge Dredd, what War Zone was to 2004's Punisher... Right down to the horribly scared, over the top villain.

11:10PM on 06/21/2012
Looks a lot like the entire movie will be that final scene in Punisher War Zone.

8:44PM on 06/21/2012
Wow, couldn't even finish the trailer. This looks like crap.
Wow, couldn't even finish the trailer. This looks like crap.

8:01PM on 06/21/2012
Sure, I'll still see this. Stallone's Judge Dredd was entertaining stuff. Urban's Dredd is a necessary new take on the material. The Stallone Dredd was more of a traditional comic-book movie. This one is more of the modern dark avenger take with a grittier style and an R-rated approach. Furthermore, Dredd-2012 resembles the source material more closely. I'll see this film.

6:58PM on 06/21/2012

Did they really just show us Dredd throwing Cersei out the window?

Wow. i no longer need to see this movie as they clearly just showed you the ending.
good job Hollywood.
good job Hollywood.

5:39PM on 06/21/2012
hell yes! I'm a believer now! this looks awesome!
hell yes! I'm a believer now! this looks awesome!

Argyris, Michelle