Jacob's Ladder is being remade; Jeff Buhler writing the screenplay

Jun. 28, 2013by: Eric Walkuski

JACOB'S LADDER is getting the remake treatment. It was rumored to be close to being remade back in 2007, but obviously that version never materialized. Doesn't mean they can't give it another go.

The Hollywood Reporter claims that MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN scribe Jeff Buhler is penning the remake script; Mickey Liddells LD Entertainment (THE COLLECTOR and THE COLLECTION) will finance, while producers Michael Gaeta and Alison Rosenzweig (FRIGHT NIGHT remake) are overseeing it.

As for the plot, THR reports "the producers are looking to make something more akin to an homage and not mimic the original. The plan is to contemporize the story with new situations and characters but still maintain a story that examines issues and poses existential questions."

They probably can't keep the original ending...

Here's how the original film goes:

In this harrowing psychological thriller, Jacob Singer (Tim Robbins) is a Vietnam vet haunted by the memories of war and the death of his young son. As Jacob starts to experience visions of demons all around him, he begins to question what is real. Is he going insane? Is he suffering from post-traumatic stress? Or could he be caught in the middle of some horrific supernatural battle he can't understand?
Extra Tidbit: JACOB'S LADDER remake: could work, or WTF?!
Source: THR

7:45PM on 07/01/2013
They already remade Jacob's Ladder 2 years ago. It was called Take Shelter.
They already remade Jacob's Ladder 2 years ago. It was called Take Shelter.

12:19AM on 06/29/2013

WTF?!

Never did I think they would touch this one.

Let me guess, instead of a Vietnam vet it's going to be the Iraqi war?
Never did I think they would touch this one.

Let me guess, instead of a Vietnam vet it's going to be the Iraqi war?

9:06PM on 06/28/2013
Son of a bitch. Why remake something this good?
Son of a bitch. Why remake something this good?

4:15PM on 06/28/2013

LAME!!!!!!!!!

This is a truly pointless remake as far as pointless remakes go. It's like remaking the "Sixth Sense", "Seven", or any other famous twist ending movie in history. It will be boring exposition pieces heading to an ending that we already know and anticipate, new situations or not.

Hudson, Kate